Wednesday 24 June 2015

July 4th Bob Graham Live Tracking

 Pat and Glynn's Bob Graham attampt July 4th 2015

Leg….Start……Duration
1……00:00……4:00
2……04:20……4:05
3……08:35……5:40
4……14:35……5:00
5……20:07……3:00
That was some adventure, fantastic first leg in good conditions. Bit crowded with three groups starting at the same time and staying pretty much together until Great Calva when everybody went different ways (us the fence line) to all pretty much came together at Blencathra. Once again we took Doddick while everybody else took Halls, very little in it. Leaving Blencathra the wind was starting to build up. Good climb up Clough Head but then the full force of the wind hit us. Brutal stuff, lots of minor nav mistakes with the wind and poor visibility it was so easy to loose the trods. It was so mentally exhausting trying to keep pushing in those conditions. 5 hrs for that leg and the following morning my Leg 3 pacer was telling me I was ashen faced when I got to Dunmail. It is actually 3 that I am most disappointed with, GeoffB took over nav and done an excellent job in very poor visibility. I think I was very tired after 2 and could not take advantage of the easier sections to keep to the schedule. 7:30 to Wasdale and 24 hrs was looking unlikely but I still wanted to finish. Lucy done a fanatic effort on 4 and she had me believing that it was still possible. We had a excellent, inside schedule, leg to Kirk Fell. I though something like a 24:30 was possible, but the pain killers for a knee injury since the Langdales were starting to have less effect and I lost so much time on the descent of Piller, Kirk Fell and Great Gable. I could have carried on from Honister but the though of the Robinson descent and the 10 Km on the road was too much. While it was not a success, it was still an amazing experience. Thank you does not even come close to what I have to say about my Pennine Club members for the work/hassling/encouragement they done through out that day.
Open Tracking Live Tracking (Click HERE to open in new tab)

1 comment: