Monday 26 January 2015

Get Serious with the Plan


I put this plan together months ago and pretty much ignored it. I had the Tour of Pendle back in November and then The Trigger in January so  I knew that in the early months I would be well ahead of the plan. Now that they are out of the way and the plan is getting into the more serious stuff I have to start adhering to it now. Just printed it off and stapled it to the garage door so that I will always have it to hand for reference.


Nice bit of new functionality on Strava with  the graphical representation of the training log. As said on my "The Trigger 2015" my climbing went to pot for four weeks before that. I have got things back on track now with 2100 last week and 1700 the week before. Expect to break the 2000 again this week. The schedule for this week is 2000 so a bit ahead. The week beginning February 9th is the long one for  this 4 week block so I must arrange to have a go a the Kinder Dozen that week.
I am not actually adhering to the particular days of the week I sort of work my training around family commitments. I just done a 640 metre climb tonight (Monday) and I will be doing that every Monday night as it fits in with chauffeuring duties. Tuesday night is the only night of the week that I am not need for running kids around so I usually get out for a long run that night. Sunday tends to be a family/rest day before the tough Monday & Tuesday.

No comments:

Post a Comment