Sunday 1 January 2012

Training Run comments 2012


Dec 17th. 2012.
Wet "un" tonight. Poured down with rain for the first 20 minutes and the whole time I was up high the visibility was about 3 metres. With it having rained all day there was torrents of water everywhere. Thankfully it was a very mild night so getting wet feet and legs did not matter at all. Very difficult underfoot so a slow time. Just under 2 hours for the 16 Km run. It is a regular route and usually I would do it in 1:45. Tried to focus on landing on my front foot rather than the heels. Successfully done that, but hurting the calf muscles - must be doing something wrong.
16 Km "Mellor Run"

Dec 13th. 2012.
Bitterly cold night tonight with Pennine, sub zero temperatures and blowing a gale on the tops. Ended up in a group of 4, including Wardy three fast lad and me! Actually once we got going it was not a bad night except for the wind in the exposed sections.
Had a look at some photos from the Stockport 10 and there is one of me about 500 metres from the end. I am in the process to doing a beautiful heel strike, which I am disgusted about as I through I was not too bad on the running style front. Photographic evidence from Run the Line and Stockport 10 would seem to contradict that! Last night I was paying attention to trying to land on my toes.  It seemed to work except today my calf muscles are sore - just cannot win!

Dec 6th. 2012.
About 15 out last night with Pennine Fell Runners, with four of us doing the long run. It was pretty horrible conditions leaving the car park. On my suggestion we headed over towards Cowen Edge as it is a bit lower and more decent tracks with the weather being the way it is. Helen was apologizing for the noise her tungsten studs were making on the road but as the run went on the the other three of us were doing some auditions for Swan Lake while Helen was loving running through the ice. It was pretty much sleeting snow and rain of varying degrees of intensity for the whole night. It should have been 3 hrs but called it quits at two. Enjoyable run though.
Quite happy to call it quits at 2 hrs as I have the Stockport 10 on Sunday.

My Android phone is really getting annoying now with it being so slow to get a satellite lock for RunKeeper. According to it, we done abut 5 miles last night it was more like 10 to 11 miles.

Dec 1st 2012
Out at 6 am for a fell/trail run on my own. The regular 17 miler up around Mellor, Latern Pike. Conditions not too bad leaving the house. Up to Cobden Cross and visibility was about 5 meters with the head torch - real pea-soup conditions. Ice made it treacherous underfoot and then it poured down with rain pretty much like that for the first couple of hours. But as the dawn arrived the weather improved meaning that I finished the last hour in glorious sunshine. About 3:25 to do the 17 miles 3:00 would be a more typical time.

Nov 20th 2012
On my third (or fourth one if I count the one that did not arrive in the post) Fenix HP 11. Been a bit unlucky with this light with two faulty ones. When it works it is an amazing light. Done quite a few runs with this one now and very happy with it.



No comments:

Post a Comment